Wednesday, November 24, 2010

an Attitude of Gratitude

Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Twas the day before Thanksgiving.....what are you grateful for?

How often do you truly express gratitude for everything you have in your life?

The sheer act of expressing gratitude sends out a signal to the Universe to send you more things to be grateful for.

Embracing gratitude not only helps you focus on the here & now, but it also makes you appreciative of all you do have in your life right now.

We spend so much time wanting & wishing.
Well, how about just being thankful & grateful for today & what was in our life today.

Instead of wasting energy complaining about what you do not have, spend that exact same energy on what is currently in your life that you are appreciative for.
If you have a thought that is leading to lackful thinking or a complaint, stop yourself in your tracks & replace it with a thought that is appreciative, grateful, or thankful.

The more appreciative you are, the more you attract that positive flow into your life.

If you don't believe me, just try it for a couple of days.
I guarantee you will at least feel a little lighter, less weighed down by all those negative thoughts.

Here is something else you can try.
Keep a gratitude journal. I do this myself. I write 10 things in mine each night before bed. Then I write out some affirmations. I essentially fill up the whole page each night. Sometimes I have to scribble in the sides to have room for everything I want to say to myself.
If 10 things seem like too many, write 5 things you are grateful for. Try to list different things each day.
The point is you are acknowledging these things you are grateful for each day.
You do not have to do it at night like I do. You can do it whenever you want.

This helps develop your awareness for being in the moment.
Take a moment every day, to stop & smell the roses. Look for simple things each day that put a smile on your face. Then hold on to that feeling.

Here are some affirmations about being grateful that you can use:
I am grateful that I'm attracting positive & enriching people into my life.
I am grateful that people are coming into my life to help me on my journey.
I am grateful that I have the tools & insight to live the best life possible.
I am grateful for the many opportunities the Universe has sent to me during my life.

If you like my style & think you may enjoy my coaching, please feel free to email me.
Many different options are now available.
your_girl_amy@yahoo.com

4 comments:

Stacy Kinney said...

Love it. I am grateful for so much. :-)

amy said...

Thank you Stacy. I, for one, am grateful for great friends like you!

Anonymous said...

I feel motivated already:)! I loved this post.

amy said...

Thanks,Nancy.

Post a Comment